Saturday 23 June 2012


Hello anyone who is looking (or reading) at this. Today the family went to the turtle hatchery in Bentota. As you would expect, it had lots of turtles. Who would of thought? Any way, we saw an albino (means lack of colour) which is very rare. Like in 2000000 eggs, only one would be albino. I would like to tell you a story of survival. Well, it happened on Boxing Day 2004.The day was going well. No-one knew that they were about to plunge into peril. Suddenly, all the water in the beach went rushing and gushing out. Everyone (except the people who knew what was happening) ran outside to see what was going on. That was there big mistake. Suddenly, an 8 metre wave came rushing in. Someone grabbed that exact same albino and sprinted as fast as he could up the nearest hill and that is how this extraordinary animal survived this humongous tsunami. The hatchery didn’t just have albinos. They had green turtles, hawks beak turtles, Oliver Ribly turtles and leather back turtles.

7 comments:

  1. hi nick,its katarina here its cold here like normal.last night it was really windy the trees nearly broke apart.For school room3, my class has to do a project and i am doing it about,what is blood.i have to do some questions about that and i am doing it as a power point.on monday my teacher asked if this teacher from st cathrines could come to our class, her name was rebecca, she was talking about the herat and then she showed us a kidney and a heart from a sheep. some of us touched it i did but with gloves and i got to cut up one of the heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick its me Chantal. I just read your blog and saw the pictures of you and that turtle it seams you are having heaps of fun. Last night I was watching the all blacks vs irland game, and the All blacks wasted Irland! The score from the first half was 24 0 to All blacks and in the secound half it was 60 0 to all blacks! Kat,Mat and I have been playing sing star this morning and 2 games of cluedo.Pete won the first game and I won the secound but tecknoly pete did cos mat got me out on the last clock when he had my ROMOUR so Pete let me take over for him. kk Bye have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hay nick its me matthew cool turtle where did you get it?, did you get it for me? I hope so cause its soo cute, hows youre time at sri laka been I hope you have had lots of fun, if you did the turtle would you give it to me? and what would you name it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nick
    Miss Holly here.
    You look like you are having a fantastic time overseas. Those turtles look incredible.
    We had our buddy class assembly with Room 8 today and showed everyone our BLOG. It was fun and everyone did a good job.
    We look forward to reading more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blog Nick

    from sara ;0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nick,its Stella.m.Cool blog!Its lovely to see what youv'e been doing.See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are at school now I can`t wait for other trip




    from sara ;) $1000000000

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.